You may now register your child/ren ONLINE using the Faith Formation Registration Form in this section of the parish website.
Faith Formation begins September 11, 2023. Please call 412-922-6388 to register.
Faith Formation (religious education) for public school children in grades Pre-K (3 year old+) through 8 is held each Monday evening from 6:30pm to 7:45pm. Each month a family dinner and activity/prayer night is included in the program.
- Pre-School: The program includes social skill opportunities that include games and activities along with specific instruction to introduce prayers and scripture at a pre-school level using music, art and literature. The program uses Loyola Press Text with an emphasis on language and math skills.
- Grades 1 – 6: The program uses Loyola Press Finding God, which teaches the faith using music, art, literature, multi-media and activities. There is a presentation of individual Bibles and Scripture Study for grade 6.
- Grades 7 – 8: The program uses catechesis with direct experiences of prayer and service. The program also includes retreat days, faith rally days, service days and field trips.
- Family Program: Faith Formation includes a monthly family program for all ages. The program includes a free dinner, activities for the entire family and prayer experiences.
- High School: Teen Leadership Service Corps. Teens meet once a month to plan and conduct service opportunities to Catholic institutions throughout the diocese. These include RED DOOR ministries, Little Sisters of the Poor, St. Joseph House of Hospitality, and St. Vincent de Paul.
To register or for additional information, please call the Office of Faith Formation at 412-922-6388.
The Office of Faith Formation conducts preparation activities for the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation. Call 412-922-6388 for information.
- Baptism – Call the Office of Faith Formation to begin the process of Baptism.
- First Reconciliation – The Sacrament of First Reconciliation usually takes place the first week-end in March.
- First Eucharist – Preparation includes 2 years of Faith Formation Formal Instruction, participation in Sunday Liturgy and participation in a First Eucharist Family Retreat.
- Confirmation – Preparation includes 2 years of Faith Formation Formal Instruction conducted using Loyola Press and LifeTeen EDGE. Preparation includes service days, retreat days, family service and field trips.