Saint Philip Parish has a wide variety of Adult Faith Formation opportunities throughout the course of the year. The following are some of the recent events and gatherings that have allowed our parishioners to grow more deeply in their relationship with Jesus:
ADULT FAITH FORMATION:
- OCIA – Faith Journeying for those seeking to know more about the Catholic Faith or for those seeking to complete the Sacraments of Initiation. Sessions generally take place on Thursday evenings. Call 412-922-6388 for information.
- Coffee, Tea, and Community Free Breakfast – Once a month 8:30am to 10:00am beginning in October at Ascension Church, 114 Berry Street. Morning includes 8:00am Liturgy followed by free hot breakfast, prayer experience, and guest speaker. All are welcome. Call 412-922-6388 for information and registration.
- Travel Ministry – Bus pilgrimages to Catholic sites in September, December and Spring. Call 412-922-6388 for details.
- Women’s Wisdom – [Date TBA] from 9:30am to 12:30pm at Ascension Church. Women of all ages are invited to attend 9:30am Mass followed by a hot breakfast, speaker, prayer experience and discussion.
- Mary's Wisdom – [Date TBA] from 11:00am to 1:00pm. in Ascension Conner Hall at 114 Berry Street. Includes tea, sweet breads, finger sandwiches and desserts. There will be a reflection on Mary and discussion. Cost is $5 per person.
- Lenten Soup, Salad and Speaker Series – Each Wednesday following Ash Wednesday from 6:30pm to 8:15pm in Ascension Church Hall. During Lent, enjoy a free soup dinner followed by a speaker and discussion. All are welcome.
Join us each Wednesday during Lent [Date TBA] at 6:15pm in Ascension Conner Hall. Reservations are suggested. Call 412-922-6388 for reservations.
- Family Day Celebration: August [Date TBA] with free Dinner with activities for children of all ages.
- Mardi Gras: A pancake supper and activities takes place the Monday before Ash Wednesday.